Arizona Medicaid Innovation Challenge
Adaptation Health hosted the Arizona Medicaid Innovation Challenge on March 29th, 2019. The event brought in eight companies to present their solution to two common Medicaid barriers: social determinants of health and member engagement.
Four companies were selected to present their solutions for SDOH this year including HT4M member Aunt Bertha, Equality Health in partnership with HT4M member TAVHealth, Finity, and HT4M member Healthify.
- Aunt Bertha gives people who reach out for help the dignity of a response through thoughtful consideration of their journey, from beginning to end. They provide closed loop referrals that connect members with community resources while keeping providers and payers up to date.
- Equality Health and TAVHealth have partnered to turn neighborhoods across the country into collaborative safe-sharing networks which solve for the social determinants of health at scale. Their multi-payer platform is the first-of-its-kind in which providers, care coordination teams, and community-based organizations (CBOs) make, confirm and track outcomes of referrals.
- Finity empowers individuals to make conscious, healthy decisions that improve their health and well-being. Their innovative solution is designed to engage beneficiaries at the right time, with the right activities, incentives, tools, and communication mediums.
- Healthify is "building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need.” To accomplish this mission, they partner with payers, providers, and community partners to deploy the infrastructure necessary to manage the social determinants of health.
- CareAngel’s engagement platform helps providers and payers to close gaps in care by automating care management to help medical staff track patient needs and identify high-risk patients who need personal interventions.
- ConsejoSano provides care management, and patient engagement content consciously tailored to meet members where they’re at both culturally and linguistically. These culturally detailed messages help members get the right preventative care, at the right time, and at the right location.
- myStrength’s resources empower consumers with interactive applications to address depression, anxiety, stress, substance use disorders, chronic pain/opioid management and insomnia. myStrength’s highly secure and scalable web and mobile applications are proven to extend care, improve outcomes, and reduce cost of care delivery.
- Pyx Health is an emotionally intelligent mobile solution built for the Medicaid population. Pyx helps connect Medicaid members to their community and encourages them to engage in their healthcare.
HT4M at State HIT Connect
Executive Director Adimika Arthur spoke Tuesday, March 19 at the State Healthcare IT Connect Summit. She spoke during a section titled “Emerging Technologies in Healthcare, Implications for HHS Transformation.” Specifically, she highlighted HT4M’s mission discussed how two HT4M members, Wildflower Health and UniteUs, have successfully partnered with state Medicaid programs (Wyoming and North Carolina, respectively) to create innovative solutions that have positively impacted the lives of Medicaid enrollees.
HT4M Innovators Breakfast / Official Launch
We officially launched HT4M with our Innovators’ Breakfast in November, 2018. Held during the National Association of Medicaid Directors Annual Meeting, a packed room of Medicaid supporters, payers, innovators, providers and decision makers gathered to learn more about HT4M as well as to hear from special guests Calder Lynch, Senior Counselor to the CMS Administrator and Will Brady, Associate Deputy Secretary, US Department of Health and Human Services. A Q&A panel moderated by Expert Council member Dr. Molly Coye, with participation from fellow Expert Council members Dr. Greg Buchert (CEO, Promise Health Plan), Cristal Gary (Principal, Leavitt Partners), and David Bergman (Digital Health Lead, Health Management Associates) concluded the event.